stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish/Coming Unraveled/Return to Summer Island

Warren Buffett on Business: Principles from the Sage of Omaha - Richard J. Connors My Thoughts:

The Twenty First Wish is about Anne Marie and her daughter Ellen. We have met these characters before in the Blossom Street stories.

This was a cute story, which centres around Anne and her relationship with Ellen's father Tim. They like any couple have their ups and downs, they are trying to figure out where they stand. Anne Marie is happy in her relationship until Tim shows up and throws her for a loop!

I really enjoyed this story, it was heart warming and fun to read. I haven't read any of Debbie Macomber's books, but I will have to pick up a few now!

Coming Unraveled is about Robyn and her return to her home town in Texas. After coming home to help her Grandmother out, she realizes this is where she is meant to be. She went to New York to seek her fame and fortune, but didn't quite make it the way she hoped. Upon returning home, she meets TJ. He accuses her of coming home to 'mooch' off her Grandmother, which isn't the case.

I loved the banter between Robyn & T.J. and how their relationship grew throughout the story. I really enjoyed the relationship between T.J. and the ladies of "Only Ewe" and how they helped him heal after losing his family in a car accident.

I've always enjoyed Susan Mallery's books and this didn't disappoint! I'll definitely have to check out "Already Home" which is set in the same town.

Return to Summer Island is the story of Caro, who returns to Summer Island after a tragic accident. Her Grandmother brings her back to her childhood home to recover and gain back the strength in her hands. She worries she'll never be able to knit again. Caro meets Gage, who comes by to pick up a painting from her Grandmother. They have an instant connection.

I really enjoyed this story, it was my favorite of the three. I was almost in tears at one point in the story, when Gage has to give up his beloved pets. Being a serious pet lover, I couldn't imagine having to do what he did! I loved the emails back and forth between Caro and Gage, and how they fell in love.

I will definitely be picking up more of Christina Skye's books!

These stories were accompanied by several knitting patterns as well which is a bonus to any knitter!

My Rating: