stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

The Bartered Virgin

The Bartered Virgin - Chevon Gael I wasn't sure about this book when I first picked it up. Most of the historical romances that I read tend to be a little be earlier. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this book!

Winnifred or Winn, is a proper young woman - she likes her parents to think that! She wants to travel and be independent - turning away suitors by pretending to be much too frail. Hoping that one day she'll be able to go off on her own. With the help of her best friend and brother she gets away with quite a bit! That is until Sir David comes into the picture!

Sir David Knightsbridge, Earl of Wolshingham needs to get married. He wants to save his crumbling estate and finances - the only way to do this is to marry an heiress. After meeting Winn, he's intrigued and isn't scared off by her ploys and naughty pranks.

I loved the budding relationship between David and Winn. My favorite part of this book is when Winn takes David to Coney Island. David gets to experience soda pop, hot dogs, a fortune teller and gets cozy with Winn and almost gets caught!

These two had some major obstacles to overcome before they managed to get together. This story had me hooked right away, which I always love! I couldn't put down the story, I actually finished it all in one sitting.. dinner was a little bit late (poor hubby!)

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who love historicals!