stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

A Wedding Blunder in the Black Hills

A Wedding Blunder in the Black Hills - Kim O'Brien Millie had always planned on leaving her hometown and the family diner but her Mother has other plans. Hoping to make a love connection for her daughter she tries her hand at matchmaking. With goals in mind Millie tries to keep her Mom happy and keep to her dreams.

Widowed David and son Bart have moved back to Deer Park. Having taken over his father's dental practice he and his son are attempting to get their lives back to normal after the loss of David's wife Lisa. With the help of helpful housekeeper Aris they are not doing too bad!

Unfortunately for David he has Cynthia who just won't leave him alone. When Millie finally gives into her mother and meets David then concoct a scheme to make everyone happy - except them! Their 'relationship' blooms despite their efforts and Cynthia's schemes.

This was a cute read, it was fun! The characters were well written and easy to relate to. I loved Millie despite her trust issues and having never left her small town. This was the first of Kim O'Brien's works I've read and I really enjoyed her writing. I'll definitely be looking to more by her!

For someone looking for a quick, easy to get into contemporary romance - this is one to check out.