stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Waxing Moon

The Waxing Moon - J. Lloyd Morgan When an email from J. Lloyd Morgan popped into my inbox, I was thrilled. I was lucky enough to review “The Hidden Sun” – a book I devoured in an evening – I could wait for it to arrive in my mailbox a few weeks later.

Like the first book in the series, we are back in Bariwon. This time, we get to learn about Snapdragon, the brother to the Queen and newly appointed Royal Guardian. We get to tag along while Snap and the rest of the new recruits go through training.. and a few surprises!

We pick up a few years after King Rayne and Queen Sunshine came into power. While things seem peaceful, there is something sinister brewing below the surface. We get to see old foes and meet several new enemies that threaten the peace of Bariwon.

Snap and a group of Guardians are sent to a small village on the edge of a mountain range, a place where the ENTIRE population has vanished without a trace. Can they figure out what happened and bring the people back safely?

This is one of those books that I will keep a lot of the details to myself, as even the most insignificant detail could give something away. We are swept into a world of intrigue, adventure, mystery and even a little romance.

Will I recommend this book? YES, this is a fantastic book that will keep the reader captivated from the first page right up until the last sentence. I can’t wait for the next book in the series! Will I read more by this author? Most definitely, I thoroughly enjoy J. Lloyd Morgan’s writing style and how the story flows. I eagerly await the next installment in this series.