stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Casting Spells

Casting Spells - Barbara Bretton This book combines so many elements that I love - yarn, knitting, witches and a slew of amazing paranormal characters. Known around the US as the place to shop for yarn and learn to knit; Chloe has her hands full with Sticks & Strings. In a small Vermont town called Sugar Maple everything is perfect, except that the town is populated with Vampires, Witches, Weres, Ghosts and every other type of magical creature you could imagine!

For the first time, Sugar Maple has a murder. Which brings Luke MacKenzie, unfortunate for him - he's human. The only other human in town (or part human) is Chloe. Who also happens to be the Mayor! These to have some great chemistry which builds through out the story. Luke's temporary office just happens to be next door to Sticks & Strings.

One of the things I really loved about this story was how all the different characters interacted with one another. How they protected who they were and what they were from Luke and his investigation. Everyone looked out for one another, which is one of the great things about small communities.

This story has some great twists, turns and unexpected moments. I don't want to give too much away about the story, but this is a great start to a new series set in Sugar Maple. It has earned a spot on my library wall and Barbara's books will easily be added to my Auto-buy list. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys paranormal romances and knitting based books!