stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

The Union Quilters: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (Elm Creek Quilts Novels (Dutton Hardcover)) - Jennifer Chiaverini I am a huge fan of the Elm Creek Quilts books and I loved this book! Although this one doesn't fall into the same category as the majority of the series is set in modern day Pennsylvania, this is set during the Civil War era.

We meet many characters that have been introduced in many of the other stories - The Grangers, The Nelsons and the Bergstrom family. With this story, these characters take centre stage, rather then a backseat to the modern day characters.

"Union Quilters" a group of women who help raise money to build a community centre and send badly needed to supplies to their troops. Through out the story, we get glimpses of letters from husbands and wives back and forth during the war.

While this probably isn't one of my favorite books in the Quilter's series it wasn't my least favorite either. I enjoyed reading more about the Bergstroms and how their lives were affected by the Civil War. How they participated in the Underground Railroad and used their skills to bring in money for the community.

This would be one I would recommend to those who enjoy Historical Fiction - or quilting related stories.