stitchreadcook

Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

My Irresistible Earl

My Irresistible Earl - Gaelen Foley My Thoughts:

I picked up this book without reading the first two in the series. Gaelen Foley did an excellent job with his story. It could easily be a standalone, which I always find a bonus! I will be picking up the other two though!

I found this story intriguing! How love, mystery, secret missions and passion can all be melded into one fabulous story. Once, many years ago; these two characters loved each other. They parted ways because of duty.

Now after the loss of her husband Mara decides to take her life into her own hands and not let anyone (especially a husband) take that from her. She vows to never let anyone control her again. While at an auction, she finds herself staring at the man she wanted to forget - the Earl of Falconridge! Jordan sweeps back into her life and her heart!

I loved the chemistry and relationship between Mara and Jordan. He was protective and thoughtful; with a shadowy past he keeps to himself. Sadly, this comes between them! Mara keeps Jordan on his toes! He rescues her from a vicious mob, and helps (unwittingly) helps him insinuate himself into the Prince Regent's circle - part of his mission!

Anyone who enjoys historical romance will love this story. This author will definitely be added to my auto-buy list!

My Rating: