stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Semi-Sweet: A Novel of Love and Cupcakes

Semi-Sweet: A Novel of Love and Cupcakes - Roisin Meaney Like the name this was a semi-sweet novel. It has it's ups and downs and isn't a cookie cutter sweet as pie romance.

This contemporary romance is set in a small town, where everyone knows everyone. Nothing gets past the town gossips and everyone quickly knows who's to blame when something goes wrong. Poor Hannah is dumped by her boyfriend of over a year; he leaves her for his pregnant girlfriend.

I quite liked Hannah as a character - she put her whole self into her shop. She took all her sadness, disappointment and threw herself into her baking and making herself a success. With her BFF Adam by her side, she is starting to get past the breakup and move on with her life. One of the many things I liked about Hannah is she was relate-able, she like most of us goes through a relationship mourning period - where we think that the world has ended because he's gone.

How many of us have been through breakups and thrown ourselves into our work to help take our minds off things? Have BFF's who take our hand and help guide us through that bleak spot in our lives? This was something I liked about this book - I liked the realistic aspects of the story.

I felt for Patrick's new girlfriend Leah and their situation. And I felt for all those involved with Nora and how much trouble she caused in general through out the story! I hoped for a better outcome for Alice and Tom. I don't want to give away too much or spoil how it all comes together!

This all and all was a great quick read. I would recommend to anyone who likes chick-lit or contemporary romances.