stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Secrets of an Accidental Duchess

Secrets of an Accidental Duchess - Jennifer Haymore I don't know why I waited so long to pick up something by this author. I'd seen Confessions of an Improper Bride at the book stores and wavered on picking it up. Then I saw this one on NetGalley and thought - hey why not.. I'll give it a try! Boy am I glad I did, because the day I finished it, I went out and bought Confessions and clicked that lovely "Request" button on NG for the novella that comes before Secrets.

Olivia is delicate - she suffers from Malaria. This is the second novel I've read with a character who had this affliction. (the other was When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn) I felt for Olivia, everyone treated her like she was going to fall over any second and that she needed to stay away from the things she dreams about doing. That is until Max comes into her life.

Max makes a stupid mistake - one he will deeply regret. He made a wager with Fenwicke, that he could seduce Olivia - something Fenwicke couldn't do. So off he goes to Sussex, where Olivia is staying to seduce the lovely young lady. Little does Max know, that his plan isn't going to work!

I LOVED the interaction between Max and Olivia. They are such a great couple! Max has no idea that Olivia suffers from an illness and teaches her to play tennis and goes on grand adventures - both in and out of the bedchamber!

I was really blown away by this book and couldn't put it down. This is an author that has easily earned a place on my auto-buy list and a permanent home on my bookcase. I can't wait for the next book in the Donovan series "Pleasures of a Tempted Lady" coming I believe later this year!