stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

How to Ravish a Rake

How to Ravish a Rake - Vicky Dreiling I always love when we get to revisit characters we’ve met in previous stories. We initially meet Miss Amy in How to Marry a Duke and then again in How to Seduce a Scoundrel. She isn’t the wallflower or shy miss we initially met!

Will and Amy have a love hate relationship right off the hop. From the moment they met at the end of How to Seduce a Scoundrel they snark, snap and sizzle right off the page. Amy keeps Will on his toes and she sees right through the façade he’s put up over the years. A notorious rake and gambler Will isn’t ready to settle down and wants to travel the world, but will his family and Amy keep his feet planted firmly at home?

When Will takes things one step too far, he’s put himself into a bad situation. A second bad situation puts him and Amy in a position where they are going to have to be married whether they like it or not. Will has secrets, Amy has secrets.. Can they keep them from each other long enough to fall in love or will it push them farther apart?

One of the things I love about Vicky’s books is that you fall in love with the characters right away. They grab you and pull you in and don’t let go. I was so disappointed when the story ended, I didn’t want to put the book away. I needed more! For me, this is the sign of an amazing book and one I know I will re-read over and over again.

Will I recommend this book to a friend? You betcha! I want everyone to go out and buy it right this second, along with the other two books. Will I read more by this author? Hell yes! I can’t wait for Vicky’s next book – soon I hope!?