stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel

A Million Suns - Beth Revis We pick up with Amy, Elder and the occupants of the Godspeed exactly where we left off at the end of "Across the Universe". Elder is now the official ruler, but refuses to take the name of Eldest - he feels the name is tainted and will have the populous believing he is just like the rest. He tries to become the leader he envisions, but just can't quite get there.

Beth Revis has created an incredible adventure and world for her characters. For me, I actually enjoyed the first book in the series more then this one. While this one continues the same story - I found this one harder to get into. I also found Elder harder to like, he always seemed to fall short of his potential and had me frustrated. I loved the budding relationship between Amy and Elder, but they didn't get to spend much time together in this portion of the story.

There are a number of twists and turns and unexpected moments in this book. We get a deeper look into the workings of Godspeed and the reality of it's state and their real location. There is so much going on in the story and I; despite the things I didn't like - couldn't put the book down.

I can't wait to find out what happens in the third installment of the story. For those who enjoyed "Across the Universe" this is a definite one for you to pick up and see how Godspeed is handling the lack of Phydus.