stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Under the Same Sky

Under the Same Sky - Genevieve Graham Young Maggie has always had the gift of 'sight', she has always been able to see future events and places she's never been. Since she was a child a young boy has always been present in her dreams and visions. When her her life is suddenly turned upside down after the death of her father she hopes that he'll be there to rescue her. Maggie goes through so much in this book, she is kidnapped by slavers and rescued by a Native American tribe.

Born thousands of miles apart, both Maggie and Andrew have a deep connection. Each has glimpses into the others lives; both tragedy or joy. Life is Scotland for Andrew is harsh and violent; he fights with his family against the English troops. When the war is over, he finds himself alone. He decides to go and find Maggie who desperately needs his help.

This was such a unique book, I very rarely find a historical romance based on a young woman who isn't from the Aristocracy. I really enjoyed the glimpse into Maggie and Andrew's lives, they are so unlike anything I've read before. The story is so filled with history and a touch of paranormal, I was drawn into the story and couldn't put it down.

I can easily say this is one of the best debut's I've ever read and easily topped my list of books read in 2011. I can't wait to see what Genevieve comes up with for her next book "Song of the Heart" coming out in May 2012.