stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

The Price of Temptation

The Price of Temptation - Lecia Cornwall Trying to put the past behind her is hard when everywhere she goes there are whispers. Even a few brave souls have come out and asked Evelyn if she's heard from her traitorous husband. She must put on a brave face and stay strong, despite what has happened.

Sinjon has been branded a traitor, even though what everyone believes is a lie spread by the real villain. The one person who can clear his name has disappeared, and when he finally finds someone willing to help him there are strings attached. Thrown together by a chance encounter in the foggy depths of Hyde Park, Evelyn and Sinjon have to help one to find the truth.

After taking a position as a footman in Evelyn's household, Sinjon has strict orders to keep a low profile and learn everything he can about the Renshaw's. There is something about the new footman that Evelyn can't resist. Her sisters have decided she is to take a lover, and she can't keep "Sam" out of her mind. The list Evelyn's sisters have put together is filled with rakes, rogues and men who shouldn't be allowed in good company. With that in mind, she decides to take matters into her own hands.

I loved how the fact that this story was so filled with a diverse range of things: intrigue, adventure, secret identities, romance, betrayal and seduction. I couldn't put the book down, I HAD to find out what would happen to Sinjon and Evelyn! Would they find her disgraced husband? Would they be able to prove Sinjon's innocence? Would they finally be able to be together?

This was the first book by Lecia Cornwall for me, and I'm hooked! Another great thing about this book is that the author is originally from Canada!! This is a great book for anyone who loves historicals with a touch of mystery.