stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Guilt by Degrees (A Rachel Knight Novel)

Guilt by Degrees - Marcia Clark Sometimes events who seem completely unrelated turn into something the complete opposite. When the murder of a homeless man lands in Rachel’s lap – she finds herself drawn into a case that ties back to the murder of Baily Keller, a police detective. Can she figure out how these two cases relate to one another and the killer?

Life hasn’t always been fair or easy for Rachel Knight. She lost her sister many years ago and hasn’t really been able to get past that. She keeps the events and her feelings to herself, and pushing away anyone who dares to delve into her private life. Can she find a lead on what happened to her sister all those years ago? Does the person she’s hunting for know something?

This was a really interesting read. We all know the name Marcia Clark – from the OJ Simpson case. Which is what initially caught my interest with this author. What was her writing style like? Was she going to use real cases as inspiration for her book? When I started reading I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but as I got farther and farther into the story I was hooked. I thoroughly enjoyed the twists, turns and surprises the author puts in Rachel’s path. And I loved Marcia’s writing style!

Without giving away anything – this book is filled with intrigue, a spunky, smart and feisty heroine who fights for justice. With her own life at stake can she figure out who did it without getting herself or her partner in the line of fire?

Will I recommend this book? Yes! If you like intrigue, murder and a book that will hook you from page one up to the end – then this book is for you! I know I’ll be adding the first Rachel Knight book to my wish-list and any others that come out! Will I read more by this author? Most definitely!