stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Naturally, Charlie

Naturally, Charlie - S.L. Scott A chance meeting on the subway, a fluke run in at a bar, and crossing paths going to a funeral was not the way the Charlie’s expected to meet. Charlotte “Charlie” was just back on her feet after a nasty break up with her now ex-fiancée when he dies suddenly. Charles “Charlie” has cut himself off from his family and now must make an appearance to pay his respects to his favourite Great Aunt – who was the only one to really understand him.

Could these chance meetings be fate trying to push them together? Is it their destiny to find one another and heal those wounds and love again?

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first was sent this book. Two characters with the same name… couldn’t that get confusing? Would switching between them be hard to follow? My worries were completely unfounded – the story was fantastic! Although there were a few moments I had to re-read a sentence or two to make sure I was with the right Charlie, but didn’t detract from the story at all.

Charlie (Charlotte) has a lot on her plate and she has some pretty major issues to work through. I love her character – she was funny, smart, witty and has had her heart tromped on. She worries she isn’t ready for a relationship, but is willing to be friends with Charlie (Charles) who makes her laugh.

Would I recommend this book? Most definitely. It was a great debut for this new to me author! I loved the Charlie’s, their growing relationship, how they learned to rely on one another and all the small things that go into their friendship. Would I read more by this author? Yes, I look forward to more work by her.