stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Curveball

Curveball - Jen Estes Cat didn’t realize when she applied for the job at B.S.G that she would be hired to babysit the bosses party hard, trouble maker daughter in Santo Domingo – and only if that goes well will she be given the job she really wants! Can she keep Paige from doing something crazy and get them both in hot water?

Paige does manage to find trouble – with Chance Hayward, a local baseball agent in Santo Domingo. Cat doesn’t trust this agent and tries to dig up more info on him to keep her spoiled rich girl charge from getting in too far over her head.

Without giving away too much – Can Cat figure out what Chance is all about, why a dead baseball player ends up on the beach and why a young pitcher suddenly goes missing? All before Paige falls too far with Chance?

This was a really great story – with lots of twists and turns to keep you on your toes. You will want to cheer for Cat and love to hate Paige. It was interesting to learn some of the ins and outs of baseball and the lingo (I don’t watch a lot of sports!)

Will I recommend this book? Yes, it was a fun, quick read filled with great ups and downs. I loved the characters and can’t wait to get my hands on the first book to see what other adventures and missteps that Cat gets into. Will I read more by this author? Yes!