stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Elusive Dawn

How to Start an Animal Rescue - Rose Kivi We pick up right were the story left off at the end of The Summer Before the Storm. Now if you haven’t read the first book, then some of the information in this review may be a spoiler for you! Read with caution!

Ria and Chas are on the outs. Having taken separate paths after the loss of their beloved little one, Ria decided she needs to be at the front lines, to be out doing something. Not sitting at home waiting, wondering, she needs action. I feel for these two characters, they’ve been through one disaster into another! It would shake the foundation of any relationship.

One of the things I really loved about this book was that we get a glimpse into all the lives of the characters from the first book. Where they ended up, who married who, who is still home, who has gone to war and who is still alive. We do lose a few of those wonderful characters very tragically – but I’m not naming any names!

Initially when I picked up this series it was because of where it was located. Having grown up in the Muskoka area, it was amazing to see local places I know written into the story. My own hometown is actually mentioned! Once I got into the story I was hooked, I couldn’t put the first book down, and I can easily say the same for the second. Despite the fact that it was over 500 pages, I devoured the story in just over a day. I couldn’t put my e-reader down!

Would I recommend this book? In a heart beat! I can’t tell you enough how much I adored this book and the characters it holds. I won’t give away too many details, because it could spoil not only this book but the first book for those who haven’t read it! Would I read more by this author? Oh yes, I’ve already started eyeing the 3rd book in the series and I’m itching to get my hands on it!