stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend (Jewels of the Ton)

Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend - Shana Galen The Jewels of the Ton aren’t what they seem. Rumours swirl of their conquests and the list of men they’ve seduced grows weekly. Lily is the last remaining Jewel, as Juliette and Fallon have married the loves of their lives and are living happily ever after.

What no one knows is that Lily is an agent of the Crown, and her mission is to uncover who is passing information to the enemy and protect the names of fellow agents. Unfortunately her target is the father of the man she once loved. Now she’s caught between the two men, between hate and love and faced with some tough choices.

Andrew is furious with Lily and his father. Especially when his father brings all his cronies and loose women to the family seat while his sister is in residence. He fears that his father will replace his mother with Lily, he adored his Mother; the one person who understood him. He can’t forgive his father for what he’s doing.

Lily really doesn’t want anything to do with Andrew’s father, but is on a mission and has to play the part. She wants nothing more then to explain things to him; but knows she can’t. Seeing him she realizes that she still has very deep feelings for him.

I adored Lily, she’s such a strong character. Andrew took a bit to warm up to, he didn’t treat Lily all that well in the first part of the book. He didn’t believe her, and was willing to poke, prod and manipulate her to get his way. Both of the have some pretty major obstacles to overcome before they can admit how they truly feel.

The banter, intrigue and mystery intertwined into this romance is wonderful. It was also great to hear about Juliette and Fallon and how they are doing with their husbands. The end had a bit of a twist, not quite what I expected! Shana did a fabulous job and I can’t wait to see what she comes out with next.

Would I recommend this book? In a heartbeat. Shana is one talented writer who pulls you into a story and keeps you on the edge of your seat through the entire story. Her characters are so engaging and wonderfully written. Would I read more by this author? That goes without saying! I have quite a few of her titles on my bookcase and have her on my auto-buy list.