stitchreadcook

Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold

Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold - Bettie Sharpe Self centered, gorgeous, and manipulative Catriona has goals and lofty ones at that. She is determined she is going to marry the King and does everything in her power to make that happen. She was a very hard character to like, even right up until the end of the novella I had a hard time liking her.

Because of her character flaws, and the fact that she pissed off the King's wizard - she is turned into a cat. To rid himself of the pest, Cat is tossed into the river to drown. She manages to swim to safety and stumbles on Julian, the youngest of the miller's sons. Unhappy with his situation in life, he decides to help Cat in her plans for revenge.

There were good points and bad points to this story. Without giving too much away - it was a fun story, I love fairy tales; and re-tellings of them, so good point. I didn't like Cat until the very very end of the story - could be a good or bad point. I felt for Julian, he was a nice guy - good point. I didn't like the situation with Cat's step-daughter and the wizard, I felt for her.

All in all, it wasn't a bad short story. I'm intrigued by this author's writing and I will probably pick up another book by her to see if I'm still as intrigued. This will appeal to those who like fairy tale re-tellings.