stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

The Reverend's Wife (Reverend Curtis Black, #9)

The Reverend's Wife (Reverend Curtis Black, #9) - Kimberla Lawson Roby Rev. Curtis and his wife Charlotte’s marriage is on very shaky ground. At the end of the last book, Curtis found out that Charlotte had been unfaithful, with not one, but two men. He has decided that it’s time to end his marriage – again.

Now, first off. I did not enjoy this story. It was one of those books much like a train or car wreck.. we all slow down to see what’s happening, we can’t help ourselves. This was what this story was to me – once I started I had to finish it to see what would happen, despite the fact that I wasn’t enjoying it. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed Kimberla’s style of writing. For me, I think it was the topic and characters that didn’t do it for me. I found Charlotte very hard to connect with.

Would I recommend this book? If you enjoyed the rest of the Rev. Black series, you’ll probably enjoy this one. Will I read more by this author? Yes, even though I didn’t enjoy this book, I liked her writing style.