stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Always a Marine, #10)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Always a Marine, #10) - Heather Long Widowed single mother Melody is exhausted, stressed and worried about her young daughter, who is very ill. When a neighbour stops by to check on her and make sure everything was okay. Things aren’t easy for Melody, her daughter needs surgery to save her life, funds are tight, she’s an emotional wreck and is running on empty.

Joe meets his next door neighbour Melody after hearing her daughter crying. He needed to make sure that they were okay and found a beautiful young woman who is clearly exhausted and in need of help. They run into one another again on route to the hospital – Joe for an appointment for his situation and Melody for an appointment to check on things with her daughter. Joe notices something is off with Melody, and decides he needs to dig deeper to find out more.

These two characters have a great connection, but have a great deal of issues to work through – both emotional and physical. Despite the fact that this was a novella, the author jam packed lot into a short span of time. Within the 90 or so pages we see Melody blossom and her relationship with Joe grow from neighbour to more.

Would I recommend this book? This is probably my favourite of Heather’s stories so far. It’s filled with so much emotion and turmoil. I just adored it. Would I read more by this author? Most definitely! I can’t wait to pick up more.