stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist)

Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist #4) - Paula Quinn Trapped by her cousin with no way out, she’s followed constantly by guards and leered at by the mercenaries that occupy her cousin’s hall. All she cares about it protecting her son at all costs – Edmund is her life and she’ll do anything to keep him safe. Lord Devon has other plans for her and they don’t include her son. When Colin Campbell shows up on Lord Devon’s door step, everything changes.

Bound to the King, Colin travels from place to place digging up dirt on traitors and relaying the information back to the troops. Everything is about war and fighting, protecting the King at all costs. That is until he meets Gillian. Can he do his job and protect Gillian at the same time? What will become of them and will they be able to be together?

I love highlanders, there is something sexy about a man in a kilt holding a broadsword – and this book didn’t disappoint! I loved Colin, he was such a strong, protective, sexy male hero. Hired to spy he tries to stay focused on the task at hand. But he’s constantly distracted by the lovely Gillian and her son Edmund. I LOVED the interaction between Gillian and her son and how much she would do to protect him.

How I loved this book. I think forbidden romances are probably one of my favorite types of romances. Gillian and Colin have to go through so much to get their happily ever after. They could lose one another completely and their lives if they are caught. Gillian could lose her son Edmund if she’s not careful..

Would I recommend this book? Most definitely. I adored this story, the writing style and of course the highlanders. What more could I ask for? Will I read more by this author? Oh yes, I’ve already added several books to my wishlist and bookcase by Paula!