stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

The Sorcery Code: A Fantasy Novel of Magic, Romance, Danger, and Intrigue (Volume 1)

The Sorcery Code - Dima Zales, Anna Zaires Blaise wants to change things for the common people, to make magic more accessible to them and not just something the wealthy sorcerers use. When he attempts to create a magical object to make spell casting easier he inadvertently creates a beautiful woman – a naked woman to be exact.

When she was created Galina, known as Gala she knew nothing. No idea who she is, why she was in that room, who Blaise was – she’s innocent, curious and excited to learn new things. These two are setting out to change magic for the rest of the world, and not everyone is happy about it. Gala is in danger and Blaise will do anything to protect his creation.

This was a very different, but interesting read. Flipping between characters threw me off initially, but I really liked being able to see the perspectives each brought to the story. It was a unique way the author used each of them to elaborate and expand on the world he created.

Would I recommend this title? It’s a quick, unique and very different title that would appeal to a reader who is looking for something new and different to try. I liked how the story flowed from character to character, despite my initial worries. With the cliffhanger ending I’m curious how things end between everyone, so I’ll be looking for Dima’s next title when it comes out!