stitchreadcook

The Miracle Thief
Iris Anthony
Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
Brendan Brazier

Steam & Sorcery (Gaslight Chronicles, #1)

Steam & Sorcery (Gaslight Chronicles, #1) - Cindy Spencer Pape Who knew that Vampires, magical children, a sexy Knight and a governess would make such a fantastic story. And would have me glued to the page right from the first sentence until the very last page? I wish I hadn't waited so long to read this book - because it was awesome!

Miss Bristol has lost her job and is just barely scrapping by on what she's managed so save. She reluctantly takes a job with the nephew of an acquaintance - to help him look after several orphans he took in. Little did she know when she took the job that she'd be on one roller-coaster of an adventure with Merrick and those kids!

Each child has their own special talent and is just starting to trust Merrick and Caroline. Merrick stumbled onto the children - they actually saved his life from a group of Vampires who attacked. Sensing their powers he offered them a home to help teach them to use and master their skills. This book was action packed and had me cheering on Merrick, Caroline and the kids to overcome the 'bad guys' that show up to ruin everything! I don't want to give anything because I was shocked at who was behind it all!

One of the really unique things about this book was the setting - Victorian England. I've never read 'Steampunk' before and I didn't know what I was missing! This was such an interesting mix of historical, magical and paranormal. How it all was intertwined and flowed was amazing. Cindy Spencer Pape did an incredible job and I can't wait for the next installment of the Gaslight Chronicles.